Great for hikers, gardeners... anyone exposed to poisonous plants!
- Helps prevent allergic reactions to poison ivy for a period of ONE YEAR
- Oral solution: no need for uncomfortable injections
- Most people achieve complete immunity. Others experience less severe allergic reactions when exposed to poisonous plants.
- Recommended by physicians, nurses, pharmacists and other health professionals to help prevent allergic reactions caused by poison ivy, poison oak and poison sumac
- Homeopathic: does not affect other prescription or over-the-counter medications
- Children as young as four years old have taken Rhus Tox. Patient must be able to hold solutions in mouth for 30 seconds before swallowing. Other than this, there are no age restrictions.
Directions for Use
- Rhus Tox is a liquid preparation that you begin administering during poison ivy's dormant phase (winter), often starting in February in the Midwest. Rhus Tox is best taken before bed or between meals. Mint-flavored foods (mouthwash, mints, etc.) and eating should be avoided for 30 minutes after taking medication. When taking the solution, it should be held in the mouth for 30 seconds, then swallowed. Repeat the dose on the same day of the week for three consecutive weeks, then once monthly for the summer months.
- Patients taking Rhus Tox during the plant's active growth phase (late spring, early summer) must keep away from poisonous plants until at least the first three doses are taken in order to avoid an allergic reaction.
- Patients with an active case of poison ivy may still begin use of Rhus Tox. Always keep medications away from children.
Click here to download a study on the Effectiveness in Oral Rhus Toxicodendron. (PDF)